If you haven’t tried this Creamy Chicken Taco Soup, you are in for a treat! I love Mexican food and this one is always on the family favorite list.
- 32 floz Chicken broth divided, no sugar listed in ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 bag frozen corn 16 oz
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans tomato paste 6 oz each
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Combine 1 c. broth and cream cheese in a blender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet. Add onions, pepper, and garlic. Saute 7 min or until onions are translucent and peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add remaining broth, onion mixture, chicken, taco seasoning (chili powder thru pepper), salsa, corn, beans, and tomato paste to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 min.
- Stir in broth/cream cheese mixture. Stir well. Serve in bowls. Top with monterey jack cheese, if desired.
The creamy texture and taco flavor in this soup is magnificent! You could even serve it with some homemade corn chips.
If you are looking for something with less cheese, you could make this Mexican Beef Stew. Or, for a vegan option, we have Vegan Taco Soup as well.
This Post Has One Comment
This sounds very good!