If you haven’t tried this Creamy Chicken Taco Soup, you are in for a treat! I love Mexican food and this one is always on the family favorite list.
- 32 floz Chicken broth divided, no sugar listed in ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast boiled and shredded
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 bag frozen corn 16 oz
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cans tomato paste 6 oz each
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- Combine 1 c. broth and cream cheese in a blender. Set aside.
- Heat oil in medium skillet. Add onions, pepper, and garlic. Saute 7 min or until onions are translucent and peppers are tender-crisp.
- Add remaining broth, onion mixture, chicken, taco seasoning (chili powder thru pepper), salsa, corn, beans, and tomato paste to a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 min.
- Stir in broth/cream cheese mixture. Stir well. Serve in bowls. Top with monterey jack cheese, if desired.