It’s so hard to find healthy chicken broth with no added sugar, and when you do they’re expensive. Use this Easy Instant Pot Chicken Broth recipe to make your own with the amazing Instant Pot and get better broth for less money.
Then, use it for something like this Chicken Tortilla Soup or this Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup!
- 8 cups water
- 1 each chicken carcass bones, skin, see notes
- 1 each onion cut into chunks
- 4 each celery stalks leaves attached if desired, see notes
- 1 each whole carrot chopped into large chunks, see notes
- 4 each garlic cloves peeled, or 2 TBSP bottled minced garlic
- 1 each bay leaf
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients to the insert of an instant pot. Stir to combine. Add insert to instant pot. Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for SOUP.
- Allow for natural pressure release. Open instant pot and strain broth using a fine mesh strainer or several layers of cheesecloth. Discard solids. Place in fridge to cool. Once cool, lift the layer of fat (will be solid) off the broth. Save fat for gravy making, if desired.
- Use separated broth immediately or save for later use. We suggest freezing it in 1/2 cup measurements in silicone muffin cups. This makes for easy measuring straight from your freezer without having to thaw the whole batch.
Pin this healthy Instant Pot Chicken Broth recipe to your favorite boards. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on clean eating boards, soup and stew boards, fall food boards, and more.
This Post Has 0 Comments