Start your Slow Cooker Hamburger Soup in the morning, and let your slow cooker do the work! This is one of those “dump and go” or “One Bag Wonder” recipes: simply dump everything in your slow cooker, give it a stir, and dinner is DONE. Serve open faced over 100% whole grain hamburger buns or even over cooked pasta for a creative twist.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 5 cups vegetable broth with no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 15 oz
- 2 stalks celery sliced
- 1 bag frozen sliced carrots 10 oz
- 1 bag frozen diced bell peppers 10 oz
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. If you prefer to brown the ground beef first, you can do that. Many prefer the taste of the ground beef if it has been browned first but it is not necessary.
- To use as a freezer meal, place all ingredients in a 1 gallon zip top bag, label, and freeze. When ready to cook, put frozen contents in slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Delicious! Made this last night. Skipped the green peppers because I had none. Used the 90/10 dry vege bouillon to make the broth; so didn’t add the extra spices. The homemade vege broth is so much better than anything bought from the store.