This easy hummus recipe has just 6 ingredients and takes only a few minutes to make. Try this with some veggies or our homemade whole wheat pitas.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 can garbanzo beans 15 oz
- 1 tsp salt
- Make sure your tahini is mixed well so that the oil is not separated. It should be smooth and uniform.
- Add the tahini and lemon juice to a food processor or blender and process for at least 1 minute. It should begin to thicken and form a bit of a paste. You may need to stop and scrape the sides with a baking spatula and then continue.
- Add the olive oil, garlic, salt and half the garbanzo beans (rinsed and drained). Process for a full minute or longer.
- Add the rest of the beans and process until smooth.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Can’t wait to make this, love homemade hummus
Will have to find some tahini & try this.