- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp honey or agave
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp yeast
- Warm water in microwave 1 minute on high. Add water to bowl of stand mixer. Add honey, olive oil, and flour. Add salt to the side of the bowl. Add yeast to the center.
- Fit mixer with dough hook. Turn to speed 1 and let knead 5 minutes or until dough ball forms and cleans sides of the bowl. (Add more water, 1 Tablespoon at a time, if dough ball is too dry. Add more flour, 1 Tablespoon at a time, if dough ball is too sticky.)
- Divide dough ball in half. Wrap one half in plastic wrap and set aside. Cut remaining half into 5 equal portions. Roll each portion into a flat circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Arrange circles on a parchment lined baking sheet. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rest 30 minutes. Repeat with remaining dough ball.
- After they've been resting 15 minutes, add a baking stone to the oven and preheat oven to 450. Place baking sheet on stone and bake 10-12 minutes or until puffed and lightly golden. Remove from oven and repeat with the other baking sheet.