Healthy Lombardi Casserole is a great comfort food recipe that uses lean beef and whole grain noodles for real food health.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can green chiles 4 oz, diced
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 oz 100% whole grain egg noodles
- 6 green onion thinly sliced
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 bag frozen broccoli steam-in-the-bag
- Heat oven to 350.
- Cook beef in skillet until no longer pink. Stir in tomatoes, green chiles, honey, salt, and pepper. Cook 5 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and bay leaf. Simmer 30 min
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Combine cooked noodles, green onions, and sour cream until well combined.
- Place noodle mixture in the bottom of a greased 13X9 baking dish. Remove bay leaf from beef mixture. Spread beef mixture on top of noodles in dish. Sprinkle cheeses evenly on top. Cover with foil, and bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake 5 min longer. tomatoes, salsa, olives and sour cream.