Stuffed Pepper Stew is exactly what it sounds like. It’s like a stuffed pepper (with rice, ground meat, onion, etc) made into a healthy and tasty stew.
- 1 lb ground turkey 90% lean or leaner
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 bag frozen diced green bell peppers 10 oz
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 can tomato sauce no sugar listed in ingredients, 15 oz
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes no sugar listed in ingredients, 14.5 oz
- 32 floz beef broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cups brown rice uncooked
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded, optional
- Combine all ingredients except rice and cheese in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low 6 hours on low or 4 hours on high.
- Add rice and cook another 45 minutes on high, or until rice is cooked.
- Serve in bowls, top with cheese, if desired.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Why haven’t I seen or tried this recipe before? I can’t wait to try it.
I made this and it was great. I did substitute fresh peppers and onions though as the Safeway that I shop at does not carry any bags of frozen ones. Also, I omitted the brown rice and used cauliflower rice instead, just adding it at the end and giving it a quick stir before serving.
Need to try.