Ditch the high-carb chips (you’ll never miss ’em!) and use mini bell peppers for this easy to make, hearty, healthy Keto-friendly mexican dish. Nachos is never a bad idea, right? You’re going to love Keto Supreme Nachos. Be sure to check out the vegetarian version of this recipe too, for a healthy meatless meal idea.
- 1/2 package mini bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner, or ground turkey breast
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tso onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 head romaine lettuce sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 tomato large ripe, diced
- Black olives
- sour cream
- cilantro fresh
- salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- Brown beef in a large skillet until no longer pink, stirring occasionally to break up chunks. Add chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, oregano, pepper, and 1 cup water. Stir well and bring to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes.
- While beef is cooking, cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Remove stems if desired. (I didn't.) Arrange peppers cut sides up on an oven safe dish. (A cast iron skillet or baking sheet works great.) Grate cheese. Cut lettuce into ribbons. Chop cilantro. Preheat oven to 350.
- When taco meat is done, scoop meat over peppers. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and optional toppings.