Similar to our Keto Supreme Nachos, this is a healthy nacho recipe, and who doesn’t love that? We eighty-sixed the meat for these tasty lil’ cuties, but you’ll never miss it. These Vegetarian Mini Pepper Nachos are hearty and satisfying without meat or chips, which is surprising and glorious at the same time.
This one was adapted from chelseasmessyapron.com.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 package mini bell peppers
- 1 can black beans 14.5 oz
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar-jack cheese grated
- 2 Tbsp cilantro fresh, optional
- 1/4 cup sour cream optional
- 1/4 cup guacamole optional
- 1 each tomato diced, optional
- 1 cup green leaf lettuce cut into ribbons, optional
- Combine rice and broth (or water) in a small saucepan. (See notes for using instant pot.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer 20 min or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- While rice is cooking, cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes. Remove stems if desired. (I didn't.) Arrange cut sides up on a baking dish. (A cast iron skillet or sheet pan work great.) Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat medium skillet until hot. Add cooked rice, black beans, tomatoes, salsa, and all spices to skillet. Cook until mixture is heated through, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Scoop mixture onto prepared peppers. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 10 min or until cheese is melted. Top with optional toppings, as desired.