This Healthy Chicken Tetrazzini combines flavors of Tarragon and lemon in a creamy sauce with whole wheat pasta.
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1/2 lb 100% whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot large, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp fresh tarragon chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
- 3 oz asiago cheese divided
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 bag frozen green peas 10 oz
- 5 oz spring greens
- 1/2 cucumber sliced
- 12 grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup pepitas toasted
- 4 servings creamy garlic salad dressing 8 Tablespoons, see below
Creamy Garlic Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray 13 X 9 or 6 individual au gratin dishes. Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
- Add 1 c. vegetables (except peas) and 1 1/2 c. broth to a blender. Puree until smooth. Add parsley, 1 oz asiago, tarragon, yogurt, sour cream, zest and lemon juice to contents of blender. Puree until smooth. Combine chicken, pasta, remaining vegetables and broth, peas, and contents of blender to a large bowl. Stir well.
- Add pasta mixture to baking dish(es). Top with remaining cheese. Bake at 400 for 13 minutes (au gratin dishes) or 20 minutes (casserole dish). Zzini is done when it’s hot and bubbly and cheese is browned.
- Arrange greens in 4 bowls or plates. Top with cucumbers and tomatoes. Sprinkle with pepitas. Drizzle with dressing.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
This Post Has 0 Comments