This Healthy Blackened Chicken pairs well with 3-ingredient mac-n-cheese (yes, it’s amazing), and the infamous “7-minute green beans”.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper or less or more to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper divided
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes 15 oz, or 1 (28 oz) can
- 1 yellow bell pepper cored and diced
- 1/2 red onion diced finely
- 2 Tbsp honey divided
- 3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 3 Tbsp water
3 ingredient Mac-n-Cheese
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat pasta such as rotini, penne, or small elbows
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lb green beans trimmed
- Combine paprika, garlic, 1 tsp. salt, cumin, onion powder, thyme, cayenne, 1 tsp. pepper, and oregano in a small bowl. Sprinkle over both sides of chicken. Heat 2 Tbsp. olive oil in a large skillet (I use a cast iron) over med heat until hot. Add chicken breasts and cook 4-6 min. Turn, and cook 4-6 min longer, or until no longer pink in center. While chicken is cooking, combine tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion and 1 Tbsp. honey in a bowl. Set aside.Combine 1 Tbsp. honey, vinegar, mustard, and water in a small bowl. Set aside. Divide the tomato mixture evenly among 4 plates. Top with chicken. Drizzle with mustard dressing..
Mac and Cheese
- Bring 6 c. water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add pasta and cook 8 minutes or until desired tenderness. Drain. Return hot pasta to hot pan and add cheese and yogurt. Stir until cheese is melted and smooth. Serve.
- Bring enough water to boil to cover green beans. Add green beans when water is fully boiling. Boil for 7 minutes. Drain and serve.