Healthy Beef and Broccoli with no added refined sugars or other junk ingredients! We paired this with brown rice (not white) and steamed edamame for a full and nutrition meal.
Beef and Broccoli/Brown Rice
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 Tbsp rice wine or saki, divided
- 3 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos divided
- 2 tsp honey divided
- 1 lb flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes optional, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced ginger or about 2” root fresh minced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets (about 4 c.)
- 1 yellow onion thinly sliced on the vertical
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup green onion sliced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds optional
- 1 bag shelled edamame steam-in-the-bag
Beef and Broccoli
- Combine rice and 2 c. water in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 min or until rice is cooked and water is absorbed.
- While rice is cooking, combine 1 Tbsp. rice wine, 1 Tbsp. Bragg, 1 tsp. honey, and steak in a gallon sized zip top bag. Refrigerate.
- Combine remaining wine, remaining Bragg, remaining honey, broth, cornstarch, peanut butter, white wine vinegar and red pepper flakes in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. oil over med heat. Add beef mixture. Cook 3 min, stirring frequently, until browned. Remove from pan and keep warm. Heat remaining oil over med heat. Add ginger and garlic, sauté 30 sec or until fragrant. Add broccoli, yellow onion, and water. Cook 2 min, stirring constantly. Add green onions and cook 1 min. Return beef to pan, and add broth mixture. Cook two minutes, stirring constantly, or until beef is heated through and sauce is thickened. Serve beef, broccoli, and sauce over cooked rice.
- Steam edamame according to package directions. Season with Himalayan pink salt.