When I say “Asian Recipes”, I realize that could mean a lot of different things to different people. When I went to compile a list of 20 healthy Asian recipes from our database for this blog, I was thinking along the lines of Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai food mostly.
Of course, the word “Asian” simply means that the thing being described is from (or, in this case, inspired by) the continent of Asia. Technically, that would include Indian food and many others that I have not included in this blog. Our recipe database actually has a separate category just for Indian-inspired food.
So, I guess what I mean by healthy Asian recipes for the purposes of this blog is mostly what many would call “East Asian”. That’s not intended to leave anyone out or offend. Between Thailand, China, Korea, and Japan (among a few others), there is certainly a wide range of food styles and traditions and this blog won’t even begin to cover them all.
Over the years, we’ve compiled quite a nice list of dishes that are inspired by the foods in this region and I thought it was about time to do a blog mash up of some of our favorites. It was HARD to narrow it down to 10, so I decided to do 20 of our best Asian-inspired recipes from our database. There are many more HERE.
What makes them "Healthy Asian Recipes"?
- Whole, Fresh, Real Foods: These recipes just use real food. Most of the ingredients are things that don’t even have a nutrition facts label at the store (things like chicken, vegetables, whole grains and fruits) because they are just whole foods.
- No Added Sugar: The ingredients called for in these recipes have no added sugar. You won’t find ingredients that typically have cane sugar, maltodextrin, dextrose, or artificial sweeteners.
- No Other Red Tier Ingredients: We never use red tier ingredients in our recipes. That is, we never use ingredients listed on our red tier which lists the foods that we do not eat on a daily basis.
These recipes are free of refined grains, refined sugars, and preservatives and are made from REAL FOOD!
20 Healthy Asian Recipes
1. Beef and Broccoli
2. Vegetable Lo Mein
3. Asian Chicken Pasta Salad
4. Asian Salmon Kebabs
5. Instant Pot Pork Fried Rice
6. Instant Pot Pork Ramen
7. Slow Cooker Mango Chicken
8. Cashew Chicken
9. Korean Beef Bowls
10. Chicken Teriyaki Lettuce Wraps
11. Rainbow Veggie Pad Thai
12. Nori Roll Bowls
13. Thai Cashew Crunch Slaw
14. Egg Drop Soup
15. Banh Mi Pork Tacos
16. Sweet Potato Spring Rolls
17. Spicy Shrimp Pho
18. Asian Protein Salad
19. Miso-Ginger Salad Dressing
20. Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Did you decide to make some of these? Tell us about it in the comments!