These Polynesian Shrimp Skewers are a fun treat that the kids will enjoy. Have them help put them together even.
- 2 red bell pepper cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 lb shrimp large or jumbo
- 1 pineapple medium, peeled, cored, and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion large, cut into small wedges
- 1 can pineapple juice 100% juice, 6 oz
- 1/4 cup rice wine or saki
- 3 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Thread shrimp, pineapple, bell peppers, and purple onion onto 8 skewers. Arrange skewers in shallow dish. Pour 1/2 marinade over and allow to marinate 1 hour. Grill over med heat until shrimp is opaque. Serve over cooked brown rice with remaining marinade.
- Cook rice per package directions or use frozen brown rice