I call this healthy spinach pasta recipe “Unlimited Spinach Pasta” because the only limit on what you can add to this is your imagination! Try it with parmesan instead of asiago. Try bow tie pasta instead of penne (or go for a whole grain gluten free one for a change, like quinoa pasta or brown rice pasta). Try chopped kale with the spinach or instead of it. Omit the beans if that’s not your thing. Use red bell pepper instead of or in addition to the tomatoes. So versatile, but so good! SO EASY!
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat pasta such as penne
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese
- 1 can great northern beans drained and rinsed, 15 oz
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well. Serve.