Tex-Mex Taco Salad is a favorite with the family. It’s easy to put together, the amount of spice is adjustable, and it’s healthy.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner, or ground turkey breast
- 1 can tomato sauce 8 oz
- 1/4 cup 90/10 Taco Seasoning recipe follows
- 1 head romaine lettuce sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained, 15 oz
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1 tomato large ripe, diced
- 1 cup salsa no sugar listed in ingredients
- Black olives
- sour cream
- baked tortilla chips see notes
90/10 Taco Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Chili Powder
- 1/3 cup cumin
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Brown beef in a large skillet until no longer pink. Add 1/4 c. taco seasoning and 1/2 cup water and tomato sauce. Simmer 10 min or until thickened.
- Arrange lettuce evenly in 4 large bowls. Top with taco meat, cheese, beans, corn, tomatoes, and salsa. Add any additional toppings you may desire.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl using a whisk. Store in zip top plastic bag in freezer for maximum freshness.
This Post Has One Comment
Modified, made with black beans and corn on the side, to accommodate individual taste, was a hit