Although enchiladas are probably most often made with corn tortillas, they can be made with whole wheat tortillas. These Whole Wheat Chicken Enchiladas are a great way to try the whole wheat way.
- 3 cups boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and shredded (about 3 breasts)
- 1 bag frozen bell peppers and onions 10 oz
- 4 cans green chiles 4 oz
- 5 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 8 each 100% whole grain soft flour tortilla no high fructose corn syrup
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 Tbsp 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine chicken, peppers and onions, 3 cans chiles, and cheese in a large bowl. Fill each tortilla, roll up, and place in a greased 13X9 baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook 1 min, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in broth and milk, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil, cook 4 minutes. Stir in remaining chiles and pour over enchiladas in pan. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Bake at 350 for 30-45 min.
This Post Has 0 Comments