I call this healthy jambalaya recipe “Jammin’ Jambalaya” because you will want to dance a jig when you see how easy it is to make awesome food! Be sure to add your meal to the slow cooker in the morning so it will be done in time for dinner (bonus: your house will smell AMAZING!).
- 1 lb dried 15 bean soup mix plus water to cover
- 2 cans Diced Tomatoes
- 1 bag frozen diced bell peppers 10 oz
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb shrimp precooked and peeled
- 2 links vegan Italian sausage sliced thin, or chicken sausage, such as Field Grains brand
- 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cooked and diced
- Discard seasoning packet from soup mix. Add beans to crockpot. Add water until water level is 2 inches higher than beans. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Cook on low 8 hours or until rice and beans are cooked through.