- 2 cups 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 egg
- unsalted butter for topping, if desired
- pure maple syrup for topping, if desired
- Heat frying pan or griddle over med-high heat. Melt some butter or use olive oil to grease the pan.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Add wet ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Pour approximately 1/3 cup of batter in hot pan. Cook 2 minutes or until bubbles slow. Flip and cook 30 more seconds. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Makes 12-14 pancakes (4-6" in diameter)