This is a great one for Taco Tuesday! The flavor in this pulled pork adobo tacos recipe is OUTSTANDING. You could possibly also do this with the instant pot but there is something about letting pulled pork cook all day that just seems better!
- 2 lb pork sirloin tip roast 1.5-2 lbs is fine
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 12 oz beer or vegetable broth
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce 7 oz or smaller, such as Embasa brand, see notes
- 1 onion medium, chopped
- cilantro fresh, chopped
- 16 corn tortilla
Slow Cooker Pork Adobo
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Mix the chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano and onion powder in a small bowl and then rub evenly over the pork roast.
- Brown all sides of the pork roast in the pan (about 3 minutes per side).
- In a slow cooker, add the beer (or vegetable broth), chopped onion, and garlic. Add a couple of the chipotle chiles from the can of adobo and then 1-2 Tbsp of the adobo sauce from the can. If you like things spicier, you can add more chiles and sauce (or less if you like it really mild). Now add the browned pork roast to the slow cooker along with any juices from the pan.
- Cook the roast on high for 4-6 hours or low for 6-8 hours until the roast can easily be shredded with two forks.
- Serve in lightly crisped corn tortillas (see below) and garnish with cilantro and any other toppings you desire such as salsa, guacamole, or pico de gallo.
- In a medium pan or on a griddle, heat a small amount of olive oil and lightly crisp the corn tortillas on both sides.