These vegan chorizo tacos would be a great way to celebrate Taco Tuesday without the meat. You know, just in case you forgot about meatless monday! They have an excellent texture and flavor that even kids love. You won’t miss the meat.
- 12 corn tortilla
- 1 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion small, chopped
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 lb tofu firm
Vegan Chorizo filling
- Put the walnuts, chili powder, Bragg liquid aminos, cumin and garlic powder in a blender or food processor and blend until the walnuts are crumb-like (like ground beef)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and then add the onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add the tofu to the skillet and crumble it. Let it cook until most of the water has cooked off and the tofu begins to brown. Add the walnut mixture and continue to cook until warmed through.
- Serve in taco shells (see below) and top with your favorite taco toppings such as guacamole, salsa, or pico de gallo
- Bake the corn tortillas by hanging them over 1 or 2 tines of the oven rack. Bake at 425 deg until crispy. Or, for soft tacos, lightly crisp the tortillas in a bit of olive oil in a skillet or on a griddle.
This Post Has 0 Comments