- 2 lbs sirloin steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 onion sliced or grated
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 3 bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 3 cups brown rice cooked, optional
To Cook Immediately
- Add steak to slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add all remaining ingredients except bell peppers. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Add peppers. Stir well. Cook an additional 30 min on high. Serve over cooked brown rice, if desired.
- Add steak to gallon sized zip top bag. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add all remaining ingredients except bell peppers. Freeze.
To Cook after Freezing
- Add frozen meal to slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours. Add bell peppers; stir well. Cook on high an additional 30 minutes. Serve over cooked brown rice, if desired.
- Add all ingredients except bell peppers to the instant pot. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual, high, and 22 minutes. Quick release. Open lid. Add bell peppers. Stir well. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual, high, and 0 minutes. Quick release. Serve over cooked brown rice, if desired.
- Note: if cooking in the instant pot from frozen, be sure to freeze in a shape that fits into the instant pot. You can do this by placing your bag in your insert and then freezing overnight, or you can use 64 oz freezer containers. (See notes).
- There is no need to alter the time if cooking from frozen in the instant pot. The cook time will remain the same, though it will take the pot longer to reach pressure if the contents are frozen.
Use this healthy pepper steak recipe as a freezer meal too!
This one is in our Healthy Freezer Meals eBook along with 29 other recipes. Check it out.