Healthy Taco Salad is super simple if you know how to make your own taco seasoning so that you don’t have to use premade taco seasoning with maltodextrin and sugar. Blech.
Don’t forget to make this guacamole too.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 cup water
- 1 head romaine lettuce thinly sliced into shreds
- 2 cups cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tomato diced
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can Black olives sliced, 4 oz, drained
- 1/4 cup sour cream optional
- 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook beef over med heat, stirring frequently to crumble, about 10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain. Add seasonings (chili powder through pepper) to beef. Add water to beef mixture. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until thickened; about 10 minutes.
- Arrange lettuce on each of 4 plates. Top with beef mixture, followed by cheese, tomatoes, salsa, olives and sour cream.
This Post Has 3 Comments
[…] to eat the same thing twice. A double batch of taco meat, for example, can be tacos one night and taco salad another. Baking double the number of sweet potatoes can be fajita stuffed sweet potatoes one night […]
Will try this taco seasoning mix as I haven’t found any at the store without sugar.
[…] Simple Taco Salad […]