This Veggie Marinara sauce is great for meatless Monday or just about any time really. Give it a try with pasta and add meat if you need to.
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat pasta
Very Veggie Marinara
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen diced carrots
- 1 cup frozen diced bell peppers
- 1 cup frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 5 leaves fresh basil chopped
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 15 oz, undrained
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 15 oz, undrained
- Heat oil in a med saucepan until hot.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 min.
- Store any remaining sauce in freezer.
- Make pasta of choice per package instructions.
This Post Has 0 Comments