Pizza can be super easy to create at home, even on a weeknight if you start with a readymade flatbread to use as the crust! At the time of this writing, there were many brands of flat breads available that fit the 90/10 guidelines, but check the ingredients on your package, just in case…and then make this Roasted Vegetable Flatbread Pizza.
Roasted Vegetable Flatbread Pizza
- 1 eggplant small
- 1 zucchini small
- 1 bell pepper orange or yellow
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
- baby bella mushrooms 6-8
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 4 each 100% whole grain flatbread or 100% whole grain naan, no high fructose corn syrup
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese or asiago
- 4 oz mixed salad greens
- 1/2 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cucumber thinly sliced
- 2 egg hard boiled, peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut eggplant, zucchini, and bell peppers into bite sized pieces. Slice tomatoes in half. Slice mushrooms into thin slices. Toss veggies in bowl with olive oil. Arrange veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 min or until soft.
- Meanwhile, arrange flatbreads on a baking sheet or large piece of foil. Top first flatbread with 1/2 sauce, spreading it to within 1 inch of the edge. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese. Repeat with remaining flatbread, sauce, and cheese.
- When veggies are done, arrange veggies on each flatbread. Sprinkle with asiago or parmesan. Bake at 400 10 min or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
- Assemble your salads and top with Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil.