Oh My! Spaghetti Pie! If I tell you that we like this dish so much that we made up a really dumb song about it, will you forgive me for being cheesy? Well, even if you don’t have a song in your heart for this recipe, believe me when I tell you it’s cheesy enough as it is.
Oh My Spaghetti Pie
- 1/2 lb 100% whole grain spaghetti noodles
- 2 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 green onion chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 1/2 cup marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup frozen diced green bell peppers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Break noodles in half. Cook noodles according to package directions. While noodles are cooking, brown beef.
- Drain noodles. Mix noodles in a bowl with eggs, parmesan, 1 c. mozzarella, salt, and pepper. Press noodle mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased pie plate. Set aside.
- Spread 1/4 c. sour cream on top of noodles in pie plate. Top with green onions.
- Add sauce and peppers to beef. Stir well. Place half meat mixture on top of sour cream in pie plate. Repeat layers of sour cream and beef. Top with 1 c. mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for 30 min or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown, and crust is golden and crispy at edges.