Healthy home made pizza is a marvelous thing. If you do it right (and this one does), it satisfies the family just as well as any delivery or restaurant pizza ever could. Just try it.
- 1 can tomato sauce no sugar listed in ingredients, 8 oz
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 16 oz mozzarella shredded
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 8 slices uncured pepperoni no sugar listed in ingredients
- 4 baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 7 leaves fresh basil sliced thin into ribbons
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
90/10 Pizza Dough
- 1/2 batch pizza dough see notes
- Heat oven to 400. Heat oil in a small pan until hot. Add garlic and sauté 30 sec. Add tomato sauce, bring to a boil, and simmer 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick circle, about 20 inches in diameter, or alternatively roll it flat in a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. Top dough with sauce.
- Sprinkle cheese over sauce. Arrange remaining ingredients over cheese, ending with fresh parmesan.
- Bake pizza at 400 for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and beginning to brown. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.