Can you actually make a Healthy Monte Cristo Sandwich? Yes, you can…and you can serve it with zucchini fries and you can enjoy it too!
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread no high fructose corn syrup
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 oz ham slices uncured
- 4 Tbsp apricot fruit-only preserves such as Polaner All Fruit
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 zucchini medium
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp asiago cheese freshly grated
- 1 head kale rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp himalayan salt
- Heat 1 T. butter in skillet. Beat eggs and milk and pour into shallow dish. Assemble sandwiches: 1 piece bread, 1/4 of the hame, 1 T. preserves, 1 slice cheese, 1/4 c. spinach, 1 piece bread. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture. Cook in prepared skillet over med-low heat until browned. Turn over and continue cooking on other side until browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Rinse zucchini. Trim ends. Slice zucchini in half, then into spears. Toss spears in olive oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. Bake at 425 for 20 min.
- Remove ribs from kale and discard. Cut into 2-3 inch pieces. Toss kale pieces with olive oil. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 275 for 20 min or until browned and crispy.