Can you actually make a Healthy Monte Cristo Sandwich? Yes, you can…and you can serve it with zucchini fries and you can enjoy it too!
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread no high fructose corn syrup
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 oz ham slices uncured
- 4 Tbsp apricot fruit-only preserves such as Polaner All Fruit
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 4 zucchini medium
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 Tbsp asiago cheese freshly grated
- 1 head kale rinsed and dried
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp himalayan salt
- Heat 1 T. butter in skillet. Beat eggs and milk and pour into shallow dish. Assemble sandwiches: 1 piece bread, 1/4 of the hame, 1 T. preserves, 1 slice cheese, 1/4 c. spinach, 1 piece bread. Dip sandwiches in egg mixture. Cook in prepared skillet over med-low heat until browned. Turn over and continue cooking on other side until browned and cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Rinse zucchini. Trim ends. Slice zucchini in half, then into spears. Toss spears in olive oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cheese. Bake at 425 for 20 min.
- Remove ribs from kale and discard. Cut into 2-3 inch pieces. Toss kale pieces with olive oil. Arrange in single layer on baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 275 for 20 min or until browned and crispy.
This Post Has One Comment
All of these sound good!