Even though I’m not a keto zealot, which I’ve written about several times, I fully support the idea of lowering overall carbohydrate levels. Of course, Thanksgiving can be loaded with white flour, white potatoes, brown sugar, and all the worst types of carbs. So, I’m all about supporting a complete keto Thanksgiving dinner that helps you enjoy the meal without the insulin response and subsequent crash.
So, we decided to put together a full keto dinner with a few recipes from our database as well as 3 brand new recipes. If you’re not doing keto (like me), or you want to have options for others, you can do a nice sweet potato casserole or use 100% whole grain dinner rolls.
You can also search our recipe section for all of the recipes that we’ve tagged “Thanksgiving” right here.
Keto Thanksgiving Dinner
For this blog, I put together a full keto Thanksgiving dinner on our meal planner tool.
The meal has 5 recipes. I’ll preview each recipe below with a link to the actual recipe. At the bottom of the blog, you’ll find all of the recipes in an electronic meal plan that allows you to adjust serving amounts and then generate a shopping list with a couple of clicks!
Here are the recipes in this keto Thanksgiving dinner:
Recipe #1 - Grilled Whole Turkey
Not much needs to be done to make a grilled turkey “keto friendly”. Just don’t add carbs to it. It’s just fine the way it is. This recipe has been in the website for a little while but we didn’t see the need to reinvent the wheel here. Grilled turkey is perfect for this keto Thanksgiving dinner.
Recipe #2 - Keto Cauliflower Mash with Cream Cheese
I always think of turkey and mashed potatoes as the first two things that need to be on a Thanksgiving table. But, what is a low carb person to do? Well, you either take a “cheat/treat day” (which is fine), or you make this. My kids even loved this recipe (and they love regular mashed potatoes).
Recipe #3 - Cheesy Green Beans and Kale
This recipe isn’t new for this keto Thanksgiving dinner blog, but I had to include it. Heidi and her kids rave about this one. It’s a great way to get some healthy greens in on Thanksgiving.
Recipe #4 - Bacon and Brussels Sprouts
I finally added this recipe to the website just for this keto Thanksgiving dinner menu. I never ate Brussels sprouts growing up and figured I didn’t like them, but then my sister-in-law made bacon and Brussels one year for Thanksgiving and I loved it. Now, I eat Brussels sprouts several different ways, but with bacon is still my favorite.
Recipe #5 - Keto Cheddar Dinner Rolls
I’m sure it’s possible to have Thanksgiving without rolls, but why would you if you don’t have to? These cheesy keto dinner rolls are soft and fluffy and made with just almond flour, eggs, baking powder, cheese, and coconut oil. You can even butter them.
KETO THANKSGIVING DINNER MEAL PLAN
- Click on any recipe and a preview will pop up below the meal plan where you can click to see the full recipes and also adjust servings (changes shopping list output).
- Use the Print Recipes button or Print Meal Plan button to print all of the recipes or the calendar view of the plan.
- Click on “generate shopping list” and then the check mark and a shopping list containing all of the ingredients for all of the recipes will appear below the meal plan.
- You can modify the shopping list after you have generated it by deleting things you may already have, adding additional things you may need, and modifying quantities.
- Use the “save” button at the bottom of the shopping list to generate a unique url and email it to yourself. Then you can open the list from your email when you are at the store.
- Use the print button to print the shopping list.
|Keto Thanksgiving Dinner|
Grilled Whole Turkey (15)
Keto Cauliflower Mash with Cream Cheese (4)
Cheesy Green Beans and Kale (4)
Bacon and Brussels Sprouts (4)
Keto Cheddar Dinner Rolls (12)
Click on a recipe for more details
Selected Recipe: Selected Recipes:
Are you using this Keto Thanksgiving Dinner Plan?
If you’re using this plan, we’d love to know about it! Comment below.