Fall and colder weather is here and that means it’s time for soup! The ingredients in this Green Pea Soup recipe are all on the green tier and packed with nutrients. Add some chicken to this if you wish.
The trick to making it tastier is to use fresh or frozen peas, not dried ones. It also doesn’t have to be cooked TOO long.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 pinch Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup oat cream
- dried thyme
- Add olive oil to a pot over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the onion, garlic, sea salt and chili and cook until the onions soften.
- Add the green peas and broth.
- Let it boil and then lower the heat and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour half of the broth away into a bowl.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup.
- Stir in the oat cream, lemon juice, thyme and more salt if needed.
- If the soup is to thick add some of the broth.
- Pour into bowls or cups and serve with some yogurt and a couple of fresh green peas.