This super easy and super delicious meal is a great nutrient filled meal to feed your family, or even cook extra of so you have leftovers for lunch. Chicken is a great protein and all ingredients in this Chicken With Brussels Sprouts recipe are in the green tier!
Brussels sprouts have a bad rap but when made correctly they can taste delicious and are filled with nutrients. Give this recipe a try and comment below what you thought!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 2 broccoli stems
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 cups brussels sprouts thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts toasted
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley coarsely chopped
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese coarsely grated
- Place chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Immediately remove from heat, cover, and let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain chicken and run under cold water.
- Cool completely; set aside. Using 2 forks, shred into bite-size pieces; reserve
- Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to remove outer layer of broccoli stems; discard.
- Continue peeling stems into long strips. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add broccoli strips, Brussels sprouts, celery, hazelnuts, parsley, and reserved chicken to bowl with dressing; toss.
- Divide among 4 shallow bowls. Top with cheese.