Chicken, Asparagus, and Red Pepper Pasta has all of the things you want in a meal. It’s healthy, fast, simple, and tasty. What more could you want?
- 1 lb asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12 oz 100% whole wheat penne or rotini
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- Spray 13X9 pan or a dutch oven (as pictured) with cooking spray.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a medium skillet, heat 1 T. olive oil over medium heat until hot.
- Add asparagus and red bell peppers.
- Saute’, stirring occasionally, until tender-crisp. Remove from skillet and add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Combine cooked and drained pasta, chicken, and vegetables in the baking dish. Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Top with both cheeses.
- Broil for 3-5 min or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown. It goes fast so watch it closely.