This tofu cashew stir fry is a great meatless version of our cashew chicken recipe.
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lbs extra firm tofu
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 orange bell pepper cut into strips
- 1 onion cut into thick cubes
- 1/2 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp bottled minced ginger or 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup honey or pure maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup green onion sliced
- 2 cups brown rice cooked
- Press as much liquid from the tofu as you can, using a tofu press or sandwiched between paper towels, then weighted down with something heavy (like a cast iron skillet). Let sit, pressed, for 20 minutes. Cut into cubes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat. Toss tofu and cornstarch in a bowl until tofu is well-coated. Add the tofu to the hot pan of oil and saute until it is golden on all sides, stirring frequently.
- Remove tofu and set aside. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to same pan.
- Add the bell peppers and onion and saute 4-5 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers have begun to soften. Add the tofu back in to the pan and stir well.
- Whisk the aminos, vinegar, garlic, ginger, honey, red pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Pour the sauce into the pan and stir until everything is combined. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened. Stir in the cashews and 3/4 of the green onions.
- Serve over cooked brown rice and top with additional green onions, if desired
This Post Has One Comment
This looks good. I love tofu but have a hard time finding easy recipes.