In Minnesota, they call this “hot dish,” and it is a mainstay in the land of blizzards….oh I mean, lakes. We’ll call it Healthy Turkey Goulash so people can find it when they search.
Remember to use 100% whole grain noodles.
- 1 lb ground turkey 90% lean or leaner
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 cup frozen diced bell peppers
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat pasta elbow noodles or your choice
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 14.5 oz
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- Brown turkey with onion and bell pepper.
- Add pasta, tomatoes, tomato sauce, spices, and salt. Using the tomato can, add 1 can water. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
Pin this healthy turkey goulash recipe so you don’t lose it! Use the pin icon on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on dinner boards, pasta boards, and one pot boards.
If you like this type of recipe, you should also try out Instant Pot Mac-n-Cheese and our Cheeseburger Mac-n-Cheese.
This Post Has 3 Comments
This looks quick & easy & sounds yummy! I will try it soon.
Made this tonight. It was so good! Family liked it so it will be on our meal rotation. Easy to make too!
This has been one of my “go to” evening meals. Quick to make & everyone loves it!