This recipe combines Cheeseburgers and Rutabaga Fries for a healthy and fun take on a classic. The burgers use whole grain buns and lean meat and the rutabaga fries are baked to perfection.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner (or turkey)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns no HFCS in the ingredients
- homemade ketchup*
- dill pickles no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 rutabaga medium
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz.
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp mustard
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Mix beef, egg and pepper in a bowl. Divide into 4 equal portions. Roll into balls and flatten into patties. Grill 3-4 min on each side or to desired doneness. Add cheese for last 2 minutes of cooking on second side. Place burgers on buns and top as desired.
- Peel rutabagas, and slice into thick cut julienne. Toss “fries” with olive oil. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet (hint: line with foil for easier clean up). Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Turn broiler on, and broil another 2 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend and serve. Store leftovers in an airtight plastic container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.