Fall and squash season are here! This is a fairly simple green tiered delicious Crusted Butternut Squash recipe.
Butternut squash tastes amazing and is gluten free and a great alternative to some of the more unhealthy carbs. Serve this with some chicken to add in healthy protein and you will have a nutritious and tasty meal ready to serve. Enjoy!
- 1 Butternut Squash about 2 lbs.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh Thyme
- Add Salt and Pepper
- Pre heat oven to 400
- Peel the squash (vegetable peeler works great). Slice it in half length wise and discard the seeds. Cut into 1/4” slices.
- On a parchment lined baking tray, pile the squash, drizzle the olive oil and the nutmeg and toss everything to coat evenly. All should have a thin coat of oil, amount may vary based on size of the squash. Spread them out in a single layer on the baking tray. You may need to use two, too much overlap won’t yield a crunchy crust.
- In a food processor (or magic bullet) pulse together the breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic, both herbs, a few pinches of salt and a lot of fresh black pepper.
- Sprinkle the topping on the squash. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the tops are browned and the squash is cooked.