Single serve chicken pot pies? Don’t mind if I do! These chicken pot pie cups are great for after school snacks, dinners, lunches, or even appetizers for get togethers (ahem! Are you ready for some football?). We’ve added this to all of our “GAME DAY RECIPES“.
This recipe uses an Instant Pot, but see the notes if you don’t have one.
- 2 1/2 cups 100% whole wheat pastry flour plus extra
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup milk dairy free milk is fine
- 1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10 oz frozen peas and carrots
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- Combine flour and salt. Stir in melted butter. Stir until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (A pastry blender or an electric mixer work well here.) Stir in milk. Stir until mixture is well combined. (It will be crumbly, but it should stick together when pressed with your hands.)
Filling (Instant Pot)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add chicken, salt, pepper, and thyme to an instant pot along with 1 cup water. Lock lid, set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 12 minutes. Quick release. Drain water/broth, reserving 1/2 cup. Shred chicken. Add peas and carrots and reserved broth. Lock lid, set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and zero minutes. Quick release. Remove chicken and vegetables with slotted spoon and keep warm. Discard any remaining liquid, or reserve for another use.
- Set instant pot to saute; melt 1/2 cup butter in IP. Add 1/2 cup flour and stir until smooth. Slowly stir in broth, and continue stirring until smooth. Return chicken mixture to pot; stir well to combine. Press cancel.
Making the Cups
- Roll pie crust into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Cut into 4 inch squares. Press each square into a cup of a muffin tin. Press into the bottom and up the sides. Fill with chicken mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes, or until the filling is bubbling and crust is browned.
- wrap each cup in foil, or place cups in an airtight container and freeze. To reheat, uncover and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
This Post Has 4 Comments
These are a FAVORITE!
These sound amazing!
I am wanting to try these soon.
Tried these tonight & loved them! Will be making again.