Get your day off to a bright and delicious start with these easy breakfast stuffed peppers – if you’re looking for something new to do with your eggs, this is a creative alternative to the fried-poached-omelet rotation and an easy vehicle for plenty of vegetables along with your protein. Make sure to use a green tiered cooking fat such as butter or coconut oil to keep this recipe 90/10 compliant.
Like most baked egg recipes these peppers travel very well; the eggs hold the insides together so the stuffing doesn’t spill out as much as it does with regular stuffed peppers. Why not make a double batch so you’ll have easy leftovers for breakfast tomorrow too?
- 4 bell pepper sliced in half, core and seeds removed
- 8 egg beaten
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Bacon, ham, and/or sausages pre-cooked (optional and most are yellow tier)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet placed over a medium-heat.
- Sauté the onion until soft, about 4 minutes, then add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until witted, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Divide the vegetable mixture equally among the bell pepper halves
- Top off each bell pepper half with some of the beaten eggs, and add the meat of your choice, if using.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the oven, on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.