If you have a grill pan or a panini maker, try out this Breakfast Panini. It’s super tasty and easy to make for a quick breakfast.
- 4 slices 100% Whole Grain Bread
- 1/2 cup baby spinach fresh
- 2 scallions Chopped
- 3 egg
- 2 egg white
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Cooking Spray
- 1/2 cup goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil Chopped (any green herb of choice will work)
- 1 tsp milk
- Heat a nonstick skillet to medium heat. Combine eggs and egg whites in a bowl, add milk and garlic salt and whisk them until well combined and frothy. Spray the pan.
- Add the scallions to the eggs and pour them into the pan. Let them cook about 2 minutes with the lid on, lift up on the edges with a spatula and let the liquid egg drain beneath, cook another minute. You are trying to make a rectangle of this egg mix, like an omelette.
- When it begins to set, fold over both edges towards the middle and flip it over, cover the eggs and turn off the heat.
- In the meantime, add the spread ingredients to a bowl and combine with a fork.
- Toast your bread slices on the panini or grill pan for a minute for a very slight toast. Evenly spread a generous tbsp. on each slice of bread. Divide the spinach leaves on two slices. Cut the egg rectangle in half so you have two squares, and put one half on the spinach leaves. Press the other slice of bread on top of the sandwich goodies.
- Heat your panini press/ grill pan, rub a little olive oil on the outside of the bread and sprinkle with salt, put in the panini and warm through for about 6 to 8 minutes. If you are using a grill pan, flip the panini half way through.