Green beans go with just about any protein and this is a great recipe to help you get in a serving of vegetables, with virtually no prep and cook time. Garlic goes well with anything and is known for it’s immune system boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. So Garlic Green Beans are a great side!
Throw some chicken on the grill, or a duck breast in the skillet perhaps and you could have dinner on the table within 30-minutes with this delicious green bean side. Boiling the water may just take you the longest amount of time. You’ll want to have all of your ingredients measured out in advance since everything happens so fast. Best of all though, these green beans are even kid-friendly!
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Bring a large pot of water generously seasoned with salt to a boil over a medium-high heat.
- Add the green beans and blanch for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking, then drain.
- Heat the butter or ghee in a sauté pan over a medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the green beans, coconut aminos, rice vinegar, and sesame oil (if using), toss to coat.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced and the green beans are just starting to get tender.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzle the remaining sauce over the green beans and serve hot.