Who doesn’t love pancakes? This Almond Pancakes recipe is a healthy version of pancakes that can actually be used for any meal or even a dessert! The added almond flour in it adds some protein to the meal which is a great way to start your day!
I don’t know about you but my kids always want pancakes, especially on the weekends, and this is a great solution. Plus, I love that I don’t have to be flipping a bunch of pancakes and can just cook it all at once.
- 5 egg
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup or honey, optional
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil
- strawberries fresh, handful
- raspberries fresh, handful
- fresh mint torn
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 420°F.
- Place a 8×10-inch (20×25 cm) baking dish inside the oven.
- Use a whisk to beat the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add milk, flour, maple syrup, baking powder and sea salt. Keep whisking until smooth.
- Now place the piece of butter into the warm baking dish in the oven. Remove the dish as soon as the butter has melted and pour it into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the dish and place back in the oven and bake for around 30 minutes or until nicely browned and set.
- Let cool slightly and serve with fresh berries, fresh mint and a dollop of yogurt. Dust with coconut flour (or powdered sugar) for a fancier presentation.
This Post Has 2 Comments
I like the idea of baking them all in one pan! Will have to try on a weekend soon!
Made this morning. We liked. Will experiment a little the next time I make & try it in a larger pan so it’s not so thick. We drizzled with a little maple syrup but would also be good with the berries. Reminded me of a Finnish pancake that I make minus all the sugar & butter.