Get your day off to a bright and delicious start with these easy breakfast stuffed peppers – if you’re looking for something new to do with your eggs, this is a creative alternative to the fried-poached-omelet rotation and an easy vehicle for plenty of vegetables along with your protein. Make sure to use a green tiered cooking fat such as butter or coconut oil to keep this recipe 90/10 compliant.
Like most baked egg recipes these peppers travel very well; the eggs hold the insides together so the stuffing doesn’t spill out as much as it does with regular stuffed peppers. Why not make a double batch so you’ll have easy leftovers for breakfast tomorrow too?
Hey LOOK! The recipe is right here! No scrolling your life away reading our life story. If that's your style, give us a share.
Breakfast Stuffed Peppers
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet placed over a medium-heat.
- Sauté the onion until soft, about 4 minutes, then add the mushrooms and tomatoes and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until witted, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Divide the vegetable mixture equally among the bell pepper halves
- Top off each bell pepper half with some of the beaten eggs, and add the meat of your choice, if using.
- Place the stuffed peppers in the oven, on a baking sheet, and bake for 40 minutes.