Ditch the deep fried and try these baked corn dog bites instead! Little bites for littles, an appetizer, or just a fun main dish! Uncured hot dogs with no sugar can be tricky to find, but worth the search!
These go great with this Vegan Chili or this Turkey Chili.
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp buttermilk powder such as Saco
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 4 uncured hot dogs no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Mix well with a whisk. Fold in wet ingredients just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Cut each hot dog into 6 pieces, to make 24 total.
- Drop cornbread batter into greased mini muffin pan. Add a piece of hot dog to each well, and press down lightly to submerge. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes. Serve with ketchup and mustard. Or, for fun, use as a topping for chili. Freeze any remaining bites in an airtight container or freezer bag. To reheat, simply microwave.
This Post Has 4 Comments
My kids are going to really gobble these up! Can they be made in an Air Fryer?
Hey Dawn! Not sure about the air fryer. Can you give it a try and let us know? We haven’t bought one yet.
My kids will be so happy!
These are awesome, great for a quick meal