This is a super fun way to mix up breakfast with your kids or for a party with friends. The fresh blueberries and whole oats in this Baked Blueberry Oatmeal keep it healthy and still delicious. By separating it out into 6 separate mason jars you can make this for the week and just reheat it or if you have a lot of people to feed, everybody can enjoy their own portion. You can do it all in one baking dish (as shown) if you prefer.
Everything on this list is in the green tier except for the maple syrup so make sure to go light but of course, enjoy every bite!
- 2 cups Blueberries plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups whole milk or coconut milk, or almond milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup toasted chopped almonds
- Preheat the oven to 375′. Divide the berries between six small mason jars if using. or put on the bottom of a baking dish
- Mix the oats, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Divide the dry mix between the jars if using, just layering on top of the blueberries, about 1/3 cup; or, pour over the berries in the baking dish.
- Mix the milk, butter, maple and vanilla together. Pour a scant 1/2 cup on top of the oats if using jars, letting it seep through to the bottom. Pour evenly over the oats if using a dish. Place all the jars in a baking dish, sprinkle a few fresh berries on top, and bake on the middle rack for about 30 minutes until the liquid is absorbed, tops are just browned but the oats are still moist.
- Sprinkle the tops with the toasted almonds and serve warm!