Quick and Easy Tilapia and Rice with steamed pea pods is one of those recipes you can have any time. Just have some frozen tilapia, frozen brown rice, and frozen steamable veggies in the freezer and dinner can be ready in minutes from real food. It’s one of our 1-2-3 Eat! Recipes.
- 4 tilapia filet 4-6 oz each
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 bag pea pods steam-in-the-bag
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 10 fresh basil
- 1 tsp salt
- Blend marinade ingredients in a blender and pour over fish. Allow to marinate 20 min, turning fish once.
- Begin by combining rice and broth in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- While rice is cooking, preheat grill to med. Spray a grill tray or piece of foil with cooking spray. Place fish on prepared surface and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Grill until fish is flaky white turning once.
- You can also just pan fry the fish in a bit of olive oil if you prefer.
- Steam pea pods in bag per package directions.
This Post Has 0 Comments