Looking to lower your carb intake or go gluten free without giving up your Mexican favorites? Check out these Keto Zucchini Chicken Enchiladas! The “shell” is made from thinly sliced Zucchini.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup red enchilada sauce divided, see notes
- 1 can green chiles 6 oz
- 4 zucchini medium
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded (or Mexican blend), optional
- sour cream optional
- green onion optional
- cilantro fresh, optional
- Start by cooking and shredding the chicken. We used the instant pot on manual high for 12 minutes with a little water and then shredded the chicken using two forks. You could boil the chicken, bake the chicken, or even grill the chicken. You could also use a kitchen aid mixer to shred the chicken. It just needs to be cooked and shredded.
- Add olive oil and chopped onion to a medium skillet and cook until onion is soft. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add shredded chicken, chili powder, cumin, oregano, 1 cup of red enchilada sauce, and 6 oz can of green chiles. Allow to simmer for a few minutes to combine flavors.
- Cut 4 zucchinis in half lengthwise so you have the widest part of the inside open on each half. Use a mandolin or a swiss peeler to peel thin sections.
- Lay out 4 sections of zucchini overlapping slightly. Fill with the chicken mixture. Carefully roll them up.
- Place the rolled zucchini enchiladas on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Cover the enchiladas in more red sauce and cheese (if desired). Bake at 350 deg for 20 minutes.
- Top with sour cream, cilantro, and green onion.