This vegan wild curry rice recipe can make a great vegan main dish or a side dish. The curry flavors are wonderful.
- 4 cups vegetable broth no sugar added
- 1 onion diced
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 can green chiles 4 oz
- 3 cups Butternut Squash peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/3 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup wild rice uncooked
- 1 can red kidney beans 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup swiss chard chopped
- 3/4 cup green onion chopped, white and green parts
- Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sauté onion, garlic, and chiles in 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Stir in squash and spices, cook for 2 minutes.
- Add wild rice and the rest of the vegetable broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until rice is tender (about 45 minutes).
- Stir in the beans, chard, scallions and quinoa until they are heated through and the chard is tender, about 5 minutes. Serve hot.
This Post Has 0 Comments