We adapted this Paleo White Chicken Chili recipe for the Instant Pot and it came out out amazing! It can also be done in the slow cooker like the original recipe calls for.
We served this with Gluten Free Cheddar Biscuits made with cashew flour!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 white sweet potato large (or purple sweet potato)
- 2 cups Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can green chiles 4 oz
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno fresh, finely diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp cilantro fresh, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 Tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- Place all ingredients except the coconut cream and lime juice in the Instant Pot.
- Close the lid and set pressure release knob to sealing.
- Press "manual" and then use the down arrow to set the time to 10 minutes. This will set your Instant Pot for a 10 minute high pressure cook.
- You can allow the pressure to release naturally or you can manually release the pressure with the knob.
- After the pressure is released and you can remove the lid, shred the chicken with two forks (remove to a plate if necessary) and then add the coconut cream and lime juice.
- Press "saute" on your Instant Pot and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally OR use the slow cooker setting allow it to slow cook until you are ready to serve. Serve with sliced jalapeno, fresh cilantro, and even avocado if you wish.
- Place all ingredients except the coconut cream and lime juice in the Slow Cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks (remove to a plate if necessary) and then add the coconut cream and lime juice.
- Cook on high for 15 minutes and then serve.
This Post Has 0 Comments