Add this one to your favorites! You’re going to want to make these healthy cod sandwiches again and again! Serve with 90/10 friendly commercial kale chips for an easy side.
- 2 carrot grated
- 1 apple cored and grated
- 1/2 lb red cabbage (aka purple cabbage), grated
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp 100% whole wheat flour or brown rice flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cod fillet about 4 oz each
- 4 each 100% whole grain hamburger buns
- Combine carrots, apple, cabbage, vinegar, and honey in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika in a shallow dish.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet. Dredge fillets in flour mixture, coating both sides. Add fillets to hot oil. Cook 5-7 minutes. Flip, and cook 2-3 minutes on second side. Remove to a plate.
- Add buns, cut side down, to oil in skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes or until toasted. Add cod fillets to buns, top with coleslaw, and top with remaining bun halves.