This is REALLY simple. Tostadas with Guacamole is one of our family favorites.
- 8 corn tortilla
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef, 90% lean or leaner
- 90/10 Taco Seasoning See below
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Black olives sliced or chopped
- 1 can black beans 14.5 oz, drained
- salsa get the stuff from the deli section or make your own
90/10 Taco Seasoning Ingredients
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 avocado Haas, make sure that they are fairly ripe/soft
- 1 tomato or 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion small
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- pickled jalapeno slices
- lime juice
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Brown meat in skillet
- Drain and add taco seasoning and 1/2 cup of water
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 deg.
- Make Guacamole per recipe below.
- Put corn tortillas on baking sheet (brush a bit of olive oil on each side if desired…and a little salt) and bake in oven until crispy.
- Load crispy tortillas with guac, meat, cheese, olives and salsa.
- Add your favorite fresh (not processed) mexican ingredients like jalapenos.
- Remove the meat from the avocados and mash in a large mixing bowl
- Dice tomato and onion and add to mixing bowl
- Add chopped cilantro (only use fresh not dried)
- Dice Jalapeno slices (I use about 15 or so slices) and add to bowl
- Add minced garlic
- Add approximately 3 tbsp of lemon or lime juice (I usually use lime)
- Then add the secret ingredient - Approx 1-3 tbsp of the pickling juice from the jalapeno jar. The more juice the more jalapeno flavor.
- Mix and mash until the major chunks of avocado are smoothed out into a creamy texture
- Salt to taste if desired (should be good without any salt)